Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cornmeal pudding and a bit of memories.

Jamaican cornmeal pudding. A prized delicacy back home.
Can be enjoyed with ice cream,  condensed milk coffee sauce,  dulcedeleche, caramel you name it. I've always preferred mine with a glass of cold pineapple ginger juice from scratch, I don't know..... probably, maybe,  because, there was A... particular lady (miss Phyllis) in our community that came around with her goodies and puddings on a her hand cart and I'd never let her pass the house without my dad giving me I think around 50 Jamaican dollars to get both, and I'd sit under a tree at the front of the house and enjoy that pudding that I'd never share I didn't want to entertain the thought of sharing it with dada or anyone else because it was that good and "sacred" 😊😊. I've always married them and ever since, I wouldn't have it any other way and so it stuck until this day anything else and it is ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment